6 Things to Know When Choosing a Demand-Side Platform
Programmatic advertising is being embraced by marketers because of being more transparent and profitable. Real-Time Bidding in Programmatic advertising requires demand side and supply side platforms called DSP (Demand Side Platform) and SSP (Supply Side Platform). Advertisers are at demand side and require DSP to find the most lucrative inventory.
DSP is the platform that helps advertisers to find the most suitable inventory in real-time for their brand. It allows marketers to target the most potential audience at multiple Ad networks or ad exchanges. A single interface helps to manage data from multiple sources and different campaigns like CPA, CPS, CPM, CPI, CPL and CPV etc.
Advertisers also get the privilege to buy the audience at the bottom of the purchase funnel instead of purchasing websites or database. They can run their campaigns in real-time and analyze the performance. Marketers in quest of the perfect DSP should look for the features mentioned below when choosing a demand-side platform :-
- Ads Served by DSP – DSP should provide frequency capping facility to control the number of conversions along with this dayparting and targeting capabilities are the minimum requirements. A perfect ad server is also expected to offer brand-safe filters, impression audits, keyword targeting, page level verifications and hyper-segment targeting based on content and behavior of the audience.
- Automated and Fruitful Bidding – A DSP should be capable of detailed graphing of bid-price-to-win ratios to automatically take the decision of buying the audience from SSP. As well as the tools to adjust bidding helps in fruitful bidding.
- Easy to manage – The DSP should be easy to operate as it is vital for software to support human. This will help new entrants in programmatic advertising as well as novices to set-up the campaign and maintain it.
- Automated Optimization – DSP should be transparent in its operations having the capacity to avoid black box opacity. You must know the process of optimization and it should handle thousands of outcomes, performance scenarios targeting and data facets.
- Purchasing Inventory – It should have the capability of getting plugged into all major Ad exchanges and SSPs (Supply-side platforms). DSP should also have the access to mobile in-app, pre-roll, mid-roll and post-roll videos. It should also import data from DMP (Data Management Platform).
- Price of DMP – The platform fee can be charged as a percentage of an advertiser’s CPM bid. There are hidden charges as well on CPM bid. You may sign an agreement for minimum monthly or annual spent or maintain the original platform fee rate. You can choose any of the payment method whatever suits you.
Demand Side Platforms using the sources to find audiences from the best Affiliate ad network in India can turn the ROI into manifolds. Demand Side Platform worth investors’ money weight in gold as it ensures true ROI and transparent operations.